Airbus A310 - BalairCTA
The Swiss holiday airline BalairCTA was the result of a merger in 1993 between Balair and CTA/Compagnie de Transport Aerien in 1993. Balair started operations in 1953 as a flying school and became an airline in 1957. It was the second airline with this name in Switzerland (the first one existed in the period 1925-1931). From 1959 Balair operated as the charter-subsidiary of Swissair. After the demise of the Swissair Group in 2001 BalairCTA became Belair.
In 1978 Balair acquired a single McDonnell Douglas DC-10 for its intercontinental flights to the USA. Later it took delivery of four Airbus A310-300 aircraft. The A310 on the photograph is parked at Zürich Kloten Airport in the mid nineteennineties.